Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Kauai in Retro


The islands were a fantastic success; not only to us, but, perhaps more importantly, to our children. Andrew came back saying that it was the best week in many and that he loves the island. Brewertons can't understand how people can live anywhere except by the beautiful and warm Pacific Ocean. As to us, we look forward to contemplating life from the bench in 2 short years.

Some quick pics.









A 3 foot tortoise just a few hundred meters off shore at Poipu Beach.
















Lee's catch just minutes before he was visited by.......














the 300 pound Monk Seal who decided that Lee's Catch of the Night was exactly what he was going to have for dinner. Mmmm!!




































Ha ele State Park. The end of the road has either a short or long hike that promises difficult hiking and awe-inspiring views. Take the walk, the kids did.




And finally, being a grand-parent is everything it is hyped up to be.

6 comments:

Carly & Jesse said...

I love that picture of sam!! It is so cute!! I am looking forward to seeing you in just a few short weeks!

Kristy said...

Oh the memories. I can't help but smile as I look at those pictures. Were we really there?? How awesome was it?

The Jacksons said...

Who is that cute honey sitting on his favorite bench?!! Thanks for the memories. Love you forever, gdnj

Carly & Jesse said...

Love the new layout daddy!! 11 more sleeps!! (at least for me ten more by the time you read this) I love you guys!! I should go to be I have rehearsal at 6am tomorrow!!

Kristy said...

Yes, I like the new template. Holy, lots of people have viewed your site!! You must be popular.

Carly & Jesse said...

Dad I can't believe you have not blogged about me being engaged!! just kidding love you! It is fun being at home with you!