Thursday, May 20, 2010

Ironwood Crossing


We are exhausted. The past week has been a marathon of Ginormous proportions, however, we have acquired a little home in AZ and tomorrow the trucks start to arrive with the STUFF that will furnish said residence. Living with SWAM has its moments, mostly good. Having to go to every furniture store in Phoenix and surrounding burbs might not be counted among the good ones. Some people (insert my name here) could buy everything by looking at pictures, reading a few reviews and moving onward. Not her!!! We had to touch, sit on, in and over all the STUFF.


Late yesterday in what I consider to be a coup d'etat, we agreed on almost everything. Of course by then I had long realized that my opinion meant as much as it has regarding the various wedding plans we have made for our children. My role was to drive, feed and soothe my mate. Her asking me my opinion was really only courtesy or perhaps the opportunity to bounce ideas of an inanimate object. We found most of our STUFF at funky places and it will be interesting to see it pull together tomorrow.


When we did the walk through with the builder the other day there were a number of issues still to be resolved, most paint related but they made it and today, when we picked up the keys, the place was spotlessly clean, holes had been filled, lines caulked and ready for the next stage of its existence.


Negotiation with landscapers, window covering experts (I decided I wouldn't say blind people in that I didn't want any misunderstandings to take place) are well underway. Desert landscaping is the common theme and we will gladly submit to maintenance free rocks and cacti. My opinion on blinds, don't ask, just get the check book.


More later.

No comments: