Sunday, March 16, 2008

Dear Jadi

A mighty wind blew night and day.
It stole the oak tree's leaves away,
Then snapped its boughs and pulled its bark.

Until the oak was tired and stark.
But still the oak tree held its ground
While other trees fell all around.

The weary wind gave up and spoke,
"How can you still be standing Oak?"
The Oak tree said,

"I know that you
Can break each branch of mine in two,
Carry every leaf away,

But I have roots, stretched in the earth,
Growing stronger since my birth.
You'll never touch them

For you see,
They are the deepest part of me.
Until today, I wasn't sure

Of just how much I could endure.
But now I've found with thanks to you,
I'm stronger than I ever knew."

(thanks to Hallmark and the CC RS.)

5 comments:

Ashley said...

*single tear. That is so describes Jadi and Spencer too. What a beautiful poem.

Kristy said...

Lovely.

The Five Jacksons said...

I guess we're still standing - but the wind sure hurts and the storm is tiring! Thank you for all the help you give us.
Love, Jadi

Gary&Carla said...

Nice Poem Stan. Hope you all have a special Easter this year, give hugs and kisses to everyone from us. We are heading to Ottawa, out to see Sarah, Charles and Holden We haven't seen Holden since August, can't wait. Take care All our love, the Herring Chokers
( that's what Newfies call NBers)

DS4 Family said...

Stan and Gerry,

Wonderful "ODE" to your dear daughter Jadi. Such a fitting verse for the times they have been going through. I just wanted to write and say HAPPY EASTER to you both. Before we left we talked to Jadi and Spencer and they told us you were both feeling much better. Great to hear!! I hope you are all enjoying this EXTRA SPECIAL weekend. Have lots of fun with LITTLE LADY CLARE and enjoy the time when she arrives home for good on Monday. We are so happy for all of you. You guys have fun with them and we will say "HI" whenever we see you. I know we can not wait to get home and come over to give Clare a hug!! Hopefully the weather is behaving and it is as nice as it was when we left.

Stay strong you two and keep the faith. Things are changing and starting to look very promising. We all continue to pray and think of you all. There may be hurdles in the path ahead but LADY CLARE is truly a fighter and she will overcome anything put in her way. You and your family are truly strong and ready to stand together and help. That alone will get you through any storm.

Thinking of you guys,
Darcy, Stephanie, Travis and Cassidy