Thursday, October 25, 2007

Time to Write

So, I'll blog tonight. This is in celebration of the fact that Carly, Jadi and Kristy have all posted and that's cool. This will be an UPDATE edition.

Raymond House: Going to dig as soon as the site is marked. We are waiting for the building permit to come through but the town advised us today that it is approved, just not typed. I contacted the surveyors and they will mark the site on November 7. The project is challenging to me as I am unsure of the technical aspects of building but more than comfortable with my purchasing abilities. We are taking advantage of the high C$ and are comparing prices in the states vs. canadian. We are excited about our floor plans and hope that we are able to actually take advantage of it.

I am travelling to Raymond at least weekly to monitor progress. It is our intent to assign a framing crew this weekend. The economy is hot and it is difficult to get lots of quotes as there are plenty of jobs available to almost all competent sub-trades.

Golf Season: Just about over for the year. I have an unstated goal to play golf somewhere every month for a year. I don't think this will be the year that I will accomplish that but it would be nice. (Some friends recently told me that the golf course in Shelby MT is open almost all year, so hmm....) In spite of the fact that the ground is white tonight (Thursday), the boys and I are hoping for one more game this Saturday, then all the courses will be put to bed for the winter. SWFM is a very good sport. Golf season gets long for her but she supports me in my habit.


Blogging: The medium blogging has some interesting side lights. How so? A few weeks ago, Gerry was on a plane and recognized the person sitting in front of her. As the flight ended, she said to the individual, "don't I know you?". After a little figuring, they determined that we knew each other many years ago and that I had grown up in the same area as Linda. Interestingly, she said that she reads my blog. Cool!! Today while she was visiting teaching, one of her assignees reported that, she, too reads it and that she has made contact with other lost friends through it. Thank you for taking time to stay in touch.

Well time to post and move on....


No comments: