Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Paradise - Absolutely

Aloha from the Garden Isle.

The only difficulty about making this post is that I have to have my back to the ocean in order to get to accomodate the wired internet connection.

Memories have come flooding back as we renew our love for this beautiful island. I think one of my favorite places in the world is the little bench across the street from the Lawai Beach Resort that presents this view of palm trees, surf and sky. Each evening 75 to 100 people quietly gather to witness the end of the day and the oncoming of nightfall.

I wish that I could bottle the sounds so that you could hear them. The power of the ocean, the constant breeze, the early welcome from hundreds of wild roosters and no interruptions. It is a place where love is reborn.







These little princesses were having supper with their parents in the Beach House Restaurant.





There is a 4 hour time difference during daylight savings time and anyone that knows me, knows that I don't have the best sleep in habits. Up at 5:00 and a walk/run up to Spouting Horn, about 1 1/2 miles up the road. Got there just in time to witness the beginning of daylight and time to ponder our blessings. When I came back down, I found my friend Gerry out for a little walk of her own and we sat on the "bench" and watched the sun come up, surfers making their way to the surf, a lone fisherman casting out into the ocean and several whales far out spouting and turning.

By the way Ronn, the Papaya Tree seems to have survived its last experience with you and is flourishing.








This is paradise.











We'll check in later. See you soon kids.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

4 more sleeps!! I have so much to do!!

Donna said...

Your pictures make me wish I were there...It is snowing here today. Please bring the sun back with you! Have a wonderful and much deserved holiday!